Below you will find the answers to the most common "How To" questions that we receive. Feel free to contact us directly if you can't find the answers to your questions at: 1-844-247-7653 Ext. 1 or via email at: email@example.com
How To Create a Free Account
Signing up as a bidder takes just minutes. We make it easy for you to join and start browsing auctions immediately. Simply follow the steps below to create a free account and become a bidder.
- In the top right hand corner of the screen, click the "Create an account" link.
- Choose a username (the system will alert you if it's already in use) and password. Enter your email address and zip code.
- Be sure to check the box to agree to the Terms and Conditions before clicking the "Create your account" button. A link will be sent to your email address to verify your account. Either click on the link, or manually enter the code you find in the verification email.
- Enter your name, phone number and birthdate in the appropriate fields.
- Enter your physical address. This helps facilitate closing documents. Click the "Save your physical address" button.
That's all there is to it! Once you've created your account, you're ready to start making bids. Accept the terms and conditions on the property’s that strike your interest and let the bidding begin.
How To Browse and Search Auctions
RealEstateAuction.com has created several different ways to find just what you’re looking for. Whether it’s a few acres of land, a single-family home, or a multi-family investment property, we have made narrowing down your search fast and easy!
Not sure what you’re looking for? Just want to browse? No problem. On the RealEstateAuction.com home page, all of our live auctions are displayed. Leisurely browse through the different properties until you find that special property that you’d like to bid on.
TIP: If you ever get lost while browsing the site, always remember: the RealEstateAuction.com logo takes you back home!
How To Add and Remove Properties from Your Watch List
There are times where you'd like to keep an eye on a property prior to actually placing your bid. We make it easy for you to do just that with our Watchlist feature. Simply sign in to your account and follow the steps below.
- Locate the property you wish to watch, and click on the star icon next to the title of the property.
- A confirmation will appear at the top of the screen to indicate that the property has been added to your Watchlist.
- While the property is on your Watchlist, the star next to its title will be filled in.
- To view your Watchlist at any time, simply click the gavel icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- You can remove properties from your Watchlist by clicking the star icon next to the property's title. This can be done from the Watchlist screen or on any page where the property is featured (catalog list, Property Detail page, etc.). Just click the star to toggle between watched (solid color) or unwatched (clear).
- Property’s you have recently added to your Watchlist will appear at the bottom of your "My Watchlist" screen, which you access by clicking the gavel icon at the top right hand corner of your screen.
Very Nice! Now you know how to utilize the Watchlist feature. This will help you keep an eye on properties that you are preparing to bid on. Good luck, and happy bidding...
How To Place a Bid
Once you have found that perfect property, placing your bid is as easy as one, two, three!
1. Register to Bid
To bid on a property, you must first complete the Bidder Registration Forms register for the property. Registering to bid on a property simply means that you have read and accepted the Auction’s Terms and Conditions for the property. Each auction may have specific terms and conditions, so it is important that you understand and agree to those terms and conditions before bidding.
We make it easy to locate, view, and accept the Terms and Conditions for properties by adding the button to multiple pages.
The Catalog Detail Page and The Item Detail Page:
Once you click the button, the Terms and Conditions will pop up. Make sure to read these carefully, and if you accept, click the button "Accept terms and conditions." If you do not accept, click the button "Return to auctions."
2. Place your bid on a property
Below the property’s photo on the Property’s Detail Page, you will find the Bid Bar. You can place your bid here right away, OR you can click the “View” button to access the Property Detail Page and find out more information about the Property before placing your bid. On the Property Detail Page, you can view the property's description, bid history, and location, and you can even ask questions about the property. When you are ready to place your bid, just enter a bid amount into the Bid Bar, and click the green Bid button!
The Bid Bar on the Catalog Detail page allows you to quickly place bids on items.
The Property Detail Page provides additional information about the property and allows users to place bids on property’s.
3. Confirm your bid
Once you have clicked on the green Bid button to enter your bid, a modal window will appear to ask you to confirm your bid. Simply confirm your bid amount, and click the "Bid" button to officially submit your bid on the property. If you wish to cancel your bid, just click "Return to auctions."
In the bidding modal window, you also have the option to place a max bid. Once you've confirmed your bid amount, a modal window will appear letting you know that your bid has been placed.
Terrific! Now that you know how to place a bid, you're ready to win some great properties. Let's browse through the auctions and make some deals.
How To Set a Max Bid
Life is hectic. Sometimes there's a property up for auction that you really, really want, but you just don't have the time to watch over the bidding. We make it easy for you to bid automatically without breaking your budget with the Max Bid feature. Simply sign in to your account and follow the steps below.
- Click the catalog that contains the property you simply MUST have.
- When you find that special property, click the "Max bid" button.
- A modal window will appear with several options. Enter a dollar amount and click the "Max bid" button to set your max bid amount.
- A modal window will appear to confirm your max bid has been set.
- Your max bid will be viewable, only to you, from the Property Detail page of the item where you placed your bid. If anyone outbids you, the system will place a bid automatically up to the amount you have set as your max bid.
In this example, a bidder placed a $15.00 bid, topping your previously placed $10.00 bid. Because you set a max bid of $45.00, the system raised your bid automatically to $20.00, making you the highest bidder. Any time you are outbid, the system will repeat the process until your max bid amount has been reached. You can alter your max bid amount at any time by hitting the "Max bid" button.
Super! Now you know how to set a max bid. You can set things in motion with your favorite auctions, and still take time to smell the roses, or whatever it is you enjoy doing with your free time. Go make some bids! And, good luck...
How To View All Current Bids
When you have bids out there, you want to keep an eye on the progress of their respective auctions. We make it easy to view the bids you currently have on the table. Simply sign in to your account and follow the steps below.
- Click the gavel icon on the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Clicking the Gavel icon will take you to your My Watchlist To view your current bids, click the "My Current Bids" button.
- You now can view a list of all bids you have out there in auctions that are currently live. To toggle back to your Watchlist, click the "My Watch List" button.
Way to go! Now you know how to keep track of all the properties you've bid on. Get ready to make some great deals.
How To Update My Address
We understand that moving can be stressful. That's why we make it simple for you to update your address information at any time. Simply sign in to your account and follow the steps below.
- Click "Welcome, (Your Username)" at the top of your screen.
- Click "Manage My bidder account" in the drop down menu.
- Click the "Addresses" tab.
- Click the "Add new address" button.
- Fill in the fields with your updated address information. Be sure to check the box marked "Set as primary physical address," if applicable. Finally, click the "Create new address" button, and you are ready to go!
How To Change My Password
Your account security is important to us. We make it easy for you to periodically change your password. Simply sign in to your account and follow the steps below.
- Click "Welcome, (Your Username)" at the top of the screen.
- Click "Manage my bidder account" in the dropdown menu.
- Click the "Settings" tab.
- Enter your new password in the "Password" field.
- Re-enter your new password in the "Repeat password" field.
- Click the "Change password" button.
Congratulations! You have just changed your password. You can rest assured that the only person using your account is you.
How To Ask a Question About a Property
You want to make intelligent buying decisions. We make it simple for you to inquire about properties that draw your interest. Simply sign in to your account and follow the steps below.
- Click on the property that has peaked your interest.
- From the property description page, there are tabs that help you learn more information about the property up for bid including a description of the property, bid history and a preview of the property itself.
- Click the "Questions" Tab.
- Type your question in the "Enter your question here" field.
- Click the "Ask Question" button.
Congratulations! Your question has been sent to the auctioneer. You will receive a notification when your question has been answered. Your question, and the auctioneer's answer, will be displayed under the "Questions" tab for the property.
How To View and Send Messages
We live in an age of information, and when you're bidding on a property, the more information the better. We make it easy for you to communicate with us from within the RealEstateAuction.com system. Simply sign in to your account and follow the steps below.
- From your home screen, click the envelope icon.
- From this screen, you can view and send messages within the system, just like your regular email.
- Click "Compose new message" to send a message from within the system.
- Fill in the subject and body of the message, and click the "Send message" button when you're ready to send.
- Return to the messaging screen to review replies to messages you've sent.
Super! Communication is key for any relationship. Now that you know how to use RealEstateAuction.com to communicate, you're ready to make some great deals. Let's start bidding...
How To Manage My Invoices
You want to keep getting great deals from your favorite, so it's important to keep track of what you owe. We make it easy for you to manage the invoices you've received and sort them so that you're always clear on what you owe to whom and when it is due. Simply sign in to your account and follow the steps below.
- Click "Welcome, (Your Username)" at the top center of the screen.
- From the drop down menu, select the "My Invoices" option.
- On the "My Invoices" screen, you have the option to sort by invoice status, invoice attributes as well as sorting in ascending or descending order.
- In the "Status" drop down menu, you have the options to sort by invoices that have not seen a payment, invoices that have been paid in full, invoices with partial payments and overdue invoices.
- The next drop down menu gives you the option to sort by the creation date of the invoice, the invoice balance, the date the invoice was last sent, or the date when the invoice was paid.
- The last drop down menu gives you the option to sort by ascending or descending order.
- Once you've located the invoice you were looking for, click the gear icon in the "Actions" column for more options.
- From the drop down menu, you can select "Download as PDF" to save a copy of the invoice on your computer or "Contact Auctioneer" to send a message to the auction house that is requesting payment.
- Click "View" to work with the invoice you've selected.
- In some instances you can make a payment right from the invoice screen. Just click the "Click here to add a payment." button to do exactly that. NOTE: Most auction payments must be made through the auctioneer or listing agent. See the Auction Terms and Conditions for the property you are interested in bidding on for specific details.
Super! You can use these tools too get a clear picture of the invoices you have received, so you're always on the ball. Now let's get the ball rolling on your next great deal and start bidding...
How To Report a Technical Issue
On the road to happiness, there's always a few speed bumps. When you run into a glitch, we make it easy for you to report it and find a solution. When signed in to your account and follow the steps below to report a technical issue.
- If you run into a technical issue, don't panic. Simply click the "Support" tab on the left of your screen.
- Enter your email address in the "Requester" field.
- Enter a brief description of the problem in the "Subject" field.
- Enter the details of the issue in the "Description" box.
- To send a photo of the current screen being displayed underneath the support window, click the "Take Screenshot" link.
- To attach a supplemental file to help explain the issue, click the "Attach a file" link.
- When you have the issue described, click the "Submit" button to send the support ticket.
Thank you for helping us keep RealEstateAuction.com running smoothly. You will be notified with a resolution to the issue, as soon as it is available.
How To Log Out
If you would like to log out of your account, simply click on the drop-down menu in the top navigation bar where it says "Welcome." When you click on this drop-down menu, you will see a list of option. Click on the last option titled "Log out," and you will be logged out of your account.
How To Use the Buy It Now Feature
Some auctions may have property’s which are marked "Buy It Now." The Buy It Now feature gives you the opportunity to purchase the property before the auction closes. With Buy It Now, you know that the item is yours without any chance of being outbid. This feature is not available on all properties. When Buy It Now is offered for a property, follow the steps below.
- Click the "Buy It Now" button in the bid box for the property you want.
- You will receive an invoice to make a non-refundable deposit for the property immediately.
- Enter the payment amount in the modal window and click "Save Changes" when done.
After entering the payment amount, you will be asked to sign in to your PayPal account or enter your credit card information. The property must close before it will be taken off of the auction where it is up for bid. By using Buy It Now, you can ensure you get the property you're looking for without any fear of being outbid!